Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My favourite comic book writers!

Theo's listed his favourite comic book authors in his blog, so I thought it pertinent to list my favourite comic book writers too.

Here are my first five favourite comic book writers, in order:

1. Brian Michael Bendis (New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Ultimate Spider-man, Powers, lots of other comics)
2. Alan Moore (Watchmen, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Top Ten, V For Vendetta)
3. Mark Millar (Civil War, The Ultimates, Wanted, Chosen)
4. Brian K. Vaughan (Y - The Last Man, Ex Machina, Runaways)
5. Ed Brubaker (Captain America, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men)

That seems like a pretty strong list of favourite writers, yeah?

Those five are cemented as my top five favourite writers in that particular order. I'm also a huge fan of these other writers, though no in any particular order:

J. Michael Straczynski (Amazing Spider-man, Supreme Power, Rising Stars)
Bill Willingham (Fables, Jack of Fables)
Robert Kirkman (Marvel Zombies, The Walking Dead, Invincible)
Warren Ellis (Ultimate Fantastic Four, Thunderbolts, The Authority, Ministry of Space, Transmetropolitan)
Garth Ennis (Preacher, The Punisher, The Boys)
Greg Pak (The Incredible Hulk, Phoenix: Endsong, World War Hulk)

I think one can pretty much tell I'm a Marvel Comics man. Whereas Theo seems to be a DC Comics guy, though Jeph Loeb has technically moved over to Marvel on an exclusive contract. He did write some awesome Batman stories though, which is why I'm guessing Theo has him as one of his favourite writers.

I've probably got more favourite writers than favourite artists! Such is my bias leaning towards writing.

No comments: