Thursday, August 30, 2007

Daredevil Art Attack!

Check out the awesome cover by Marko Djurdjevic for the upcoming Daredevil #100!

ART ATTACK!
Cover painter supreme Marko Djurdjevic takes us behind the scenes of creating his landmark cover to August’s Daredevil #100!


Posted August 27, 2007 1:50 PM
·“[Daredevil] Editor Warren Simons has complete trust in me when I’m working. Basically what he wanted here was a wraparound cover that featured Daredevil’s main allies and villains from the last 40 years—and a lot of ninjas.”

“I think I counted like 50 or 60 [ninjas]. I broke down where I wanted the bad guys and the good guys and then basically built the ninjas around them.”



“From initial sketch to final painting, it took me 50 hours to get [this cover] done.”

“In the initial sketch, Bullseye wasn’t there because I’m doing Thunderbolts covers as well and already drawing him like every other week, so I didn’t want to draw him again. [Laughs] Warren called after seeing the sketch and said, ‘I need Bullseye in there.’”

No comments: