Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Spider-man: Swinger!

I slowed down with the writing of scripts A LOT after 6 July 2007, of which this script was the last one written that day. Can't believe how "unproductive" I was, writing just the two scripts in one day!

While I really enjoyed writing scripts with Bruce Campbell in them, I had exhausted my ideas at that point of time and felt that I needed to move something else.

And I remembered emo Spidey from Spider-man 3 and how he tried to pick up Gwen Stacy in that bar, plus "flirting" around with other girls after he had a change of threads.

Cue this idea and script:


Panel 1 - Spider-man, with his costume tattered and torn, perched atop the Empire State Building, looking down.

Spider-man: "Some days, I just hate waking up in the morning."


Panel 2 - Spidey still in his tattered costume, fighting with the Green Goblin in mid-air. The Goblin has his hands around Spidey's throat while Spidey is trying to land a punch on Goblin's face.


Spider-man: "Who am I? I'm nobody special. I'm just the ordinary kid who lives his life each day, struggling to make ends meet."


Panel 3 - Spidey, this time fighting Doc Ock on the street. Ock has got three of Spidey's limbs trapped with his tentacles, while trying to catch Spidey's free arm.


Spider-man: "A great man once told me, with great power, comes great responsibility."


Panel 4 - Spidey, back in his apartment, with his back to the reader, taking off his tattered mask and flinging it onto his bed. His wardrobe is open and you can see spare Spidey costumes (red and blue and Venom black) hanging on the inside.

Spider-man: "But what he failed to tell me...."



Panel 5 - Spidey, all of a sudden in a brand new costume (make it the Venom black one if you want to), in the middle of the dance floor of a swanky nightclub, boogey-ing and dancing with two ladies who appear to be Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson!

Spider-man: "...was that great power also came with great perks!"


Panel 6 - There's a big chocolate milkshake on the counter, kind of like those you see in 60s - 70s movies. Spidey (facing the reader) leans forward and drinks through the straw of the milkshake. Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane, on opposite sides of Spider-man, both learn towards him and simultaneously kiss him on each cheek.

Spider-man: "Some days, I just hate waking up in the morning. But on others, it just feels good to be me!"


Panel 7 - Spidey, swinging in the air with both MJ and Gwen Stacy in either arm. Spidey cocks his head towards the reader and gives us a knowing wink and a thumbs up.


Spider-man: "I just love this swinging lifestyle!"


It ends on a bad pun again (the whole set up leads to that bad pun) but it was pretty fun to write nevertheless.

No comments: