Monday, October 15, 2007

Chris Latta-mania!

As you'll find out over the next couple of days while I'm moving comic strip scripts from 28 Geeks Later over to this blog, a lot of the initial scripts were Transformers centric. Why's that, you may wonder? Well, the live-action Transformers movie had been in cinemas for about a week and Theo and I had nothing but the robots in disguise on our minds.

I was wondering why Chris Latta, the cartoon voice of Starscream (who was also the voice of Cobra Commander from G.I. Joe), didn't come back to do Starscream's voice in the movie. Found out that he couldn't possibly do the voice...simply because he'd been dead for quite some time! Which inspired this script which I really thought was funny at the time...especially the ending!


Panel 1 - Chris Latta (the voice of Starscream and Cobra Commander) in the panel, delivering a monologue - (Theo: You might want to wikipedia him to see what he looks like)

"Hi, my name is Chris Latta. You may remember me as the voice of Cobra Commander from G.I. Joe and Starscream from Transformers. I was also the voice of Montgomery Burns in the first two seasons of the Simpsons."


Panel 2 - still delivering his monologue

"A lot of people might be wondering: Why wasn't I hired to do the voice of Starscream in the 2007 live action Transformers movie? I know a lot of you are big fans of Starscream and Cobra Commander, thanks mostly to my voice (which I'm sure is more recognisable than Peter Cullen aka Optimus Prime).


Panel 3 - still monologue

"Well, in case some of you don't know, I couldn't audition for the part. I've been dead for 15 years. That's how Hank Azaria got my role in The Simpsons..."

Some random dude sticks his head in the panel and yells: "You disappoint me again, Starscream!"


Panel 4 - Latta stares forward blankly.

Panel 5 - Latta about to leave the panel to chase down the random dude.

"Excuse me while I go kick some fleshling butt. And now you know why I wasn't a part of the movie. And knowing is half the battle. COBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

No comments: