Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Armageddon Expo 2007 this Sunday!

We're going to the Armageddon Expo at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre this Sunday! Going to go with Marcelo, Stu and Louise and perhaps Brett as well. He's confirmed that he wanted to go and we were going to have final confirmation at our housewarming this past Saturday, but he never came. Gotta call him sometime later this week to figure out how we're going to meet and buy tickets and stuff.

It'll be my first "Comic Book" Expo...I put that in quotation marks because it isn't really a dedicated comic book expo. It's more of an expo that combines elements of pop culture, entertainment, games, TV, movies, comic books, toys, anime, manga...and even wrestling! In short, all the stuff that I love. Which means this expo is perfect for me to go to!

And it's only going to cost us $16 each to get in for a full day of fun and excitement! I've just purchased two tickets from Ticketmaster, one for Marcelo and one for myself, and we can pick them up at the venue on Sunday. Sweet! So excited, can't wait to go!

I know Marcelo certainly wants to go to the PS3 section of the Expo. I've got several things I'm interested in seeing/visiting/experiencing:

Animation screenings
Superman Doomsday movie screening
Australian comic creator displays
Madman Entertainment sale
Animation Music Video Contest
Cosplay costume contest
PWA Live wrestling - 11am and 3.30pm both days

And of course, I'd want to go see the comic book creators that are going to be there at the event! Amanda Conner (artist on The Pro and Green Arrow/Black Canary Wedding Special), Jimmy Palmiotti (artist and writer for Painkiller Jane, Ash), Gail Simone (Birds of Prey, Deadpool writer) and Nicola Scott (Birds of Prey artist) are going to be there. I need to go see if I actually have comics by any of these four creators and bring them with me for signing!

Some other guests that I'd love to meet are John Wesley Shipp (who played Barry Allen/The Flash in The Flash TV series), Andrea Romano (Warner Brothers Animation voice director) and Bruce Timm (Warner Brothers Animation series producer). And I'd love to see Rob Van Dam and Sabu in action, flying high above the squared circle during the wrestling events! I think we'll probably go play the free Zap Zone laser tag too while we're there...would be heaps of fun with friends there!

Alas, there are some guests who aren't able to make the event. Adam West (Batman from the 60s TV series), Julie Newmar (one of the three actresses who played Catwoman from the Batman 60s TV series), David Wohl (Witchblade writer) and Ray Park (Darth Maul from The Phantom Menace and Toad from X-Men) aren't attending the event anymore. Would have been funny to see Adam West do the Battusi live in person. Ah well!

No comments: