Tuesday, October 9, 2007

5 Questions with Christopher Nolan

OooO...The Dark Knight...coming to cinemas soon! Here are 5 Questions Wizard Universe asked Christopher Nolan:

5 QUESTIONS WITH… CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
We get the scoop on a possible Batman/Superman movie, filming in the Windy City and more...

By Rickey Purdin

Posted October 8, 2007 4:30 PM

WIZARD: ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10, DO YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST IN A BATMAN-SUPERMAN “WORLD’S FINEST” MOVIE?

NOLAN: Creatively, I’m burned out, so I have no interest.

WHY SHOOT IN CHICAGO?

I love Chicago; it’s just an incredible place architecturally and the town is great. This time we wanted to expand the scope of the shooting and wanted to include real buildings, real streets and more location shooting.

HOW HAS IT BEEN WORKING WITH BALE ON YOUR THIRD FILM TOGETHER?

It’s extraordinary to work with Christian again. He has extraordinary precision, and the great thing about working with him is his ability to do a lot of the physical work and stunts. It makes my job easier to be able to make this film with someone with his extraordinary talents.

HOW DID YOU LEARN YOU LOVED MAKING MOVIES?

All I can usefully say is I always made films growing up with [my] older brother Matt from Super 8 films to 16 mm and up to 35 mm. I’m very lucky to be doing something I love and enjoy.

FOR “DARK KNIGHT” WILL YOU BE USING ANY OF THE FRAGMENTED STORYTELLING YOU USED ON “MEMENTO”?

No less than in “Batman Begins.” The challenge for us here, and this is something I spoke to David [Goyer] and Jonah [Nolan] a lot about, was more that there were lots of characters and more of an epic scope to this film. The storytelling is very much conventional drama. The challenge was in juggling a fat story.

No comments: