Don't peek at the answers...actually try it out first!
Think you know comic and Hollywood legend Frank Miller forwards and backwards? Then set your canvas to two-color and proceed, Gaijin.
Posted November 27, 2007 11:20 AM
1. Which of these sentences isn’t a quote from All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder?
A. “Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I’m the g--damn Batman.”
B. “I’ve taken enough grief about calling my g--damn car the g--damn Batmobile.”
C. “This g--damn city is going to be the death of me.”
D.” I’m the g--damn Batman and I can call my g--damn car whatever the hell I want to call it.”
2. Which of these hunky nobodies nabbed the part of the Spirit?
A. Mike Vogel
B. Gabriel Macht
C. Eric Johnson
D. Matthew Goode
3. Any fanboy can tell you that Daredevil was the guest star in Miller’s first issue of Spider-Man. Who’d the Web-slinger team up with in Miller’s SECOND issue?
A. Moon Knight
B. Power Man and Iron Fist
C. Doctor Strange
4. How many penises did Frank draw into the pages of 300?
5. In the credits for 2003’s “Daredevil” film, Miller is credited as playing
A. Frank the chemist
B. Man with pen in head
C. Josie’s patron
D. Man in bar
6. Okay, pervs: Match the “Sin City” star with the film in which they appear naked.
A. Bruce Willis (3. Color of Night)
B. Mickey Rourke (1. Wild Orchid)
C. Rosario Dawson (4. Alexander)
D. Jaime King (2. Slackers)
8. In The Dark Knight Strikes Again, what is the name of adult film actress who takes up the mantle of Big Barda and later declares herself dictator of Columbus, Ohio?
A. Furry Fury
B. Open Valve
C. Cherry Sucks
D. Hot Gates
9. In The Dark Knight Returns, Frank Miller wantedBatman’s costume to appear with no yellow oval around the Bat-symbol, while DC demanded the more recognizable black and yellow figure appear. How did Miller compromise?
A. Used the symbol for a few pages and then had a bad guy blast it off with a shotgun
B. Drew it exactly as the bosses told him
C. Never drew the yellow oval symbol
D. Replaced it with Superman’s shield and made another artist fill it in
10. In Miller’s classic Daredevil arc “Born Again,” what does DD’s longtime love Karen Page turn out to be?
A. The kind of girl who would sell his secret ID to the Kingpin
B. The kind of girl who would appear in porn
C. The kind of girl who would be addicted to heroin
D. All of the above
SCORING: Give yourself one g--damn point for every g--damn correct answer.
This month we see how you match up against the coolest Franks of all time:
0-3, Franklin D. Roosevelt: Cool, but mostly in black and white, braugh.
4-8, Frank Zappa: Groovy man. But he’s given birth to some messed-up weirdos.
9-10, Frank Sinatra: The king of swing, baby. Frankly, it gets no better than this.
So...how many did YOU get correct?
First off, the quiz is completely crappy. Take question 6 for instance. The fricking answers are already listed there IN ORDER! I only knew the Bruce Willis one, but screw it, I answered the question the way they listed it and it was correct, so I'm getting that one correct.
And there's no fricking question 7! So I'm getting that one correct too.
Even with those two correct, I only got three others: Questions 4, 9 and 10. I'm SO not the Miller-phile...I really should have gotten Question 1 correct, but I haven't read All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder #2 for a long LONG time so there's no way I'd remember. Just like I should know the answer to Question 8, but once again, hadn't read that book for AGES.
Theo, you might get a kick out of this quiz, if you still came to this blog to read it, but you're probably too busy back in Singapore with all the stuff you need to do.
Anyway, here are the answers that Wizard Universe listed for the above quiz:
ANSWER KEY: 1. C; 2. B; 3. C; 4. B; 5. B; 6. 1B,2D,3A,4C; 7. Batman and Daredevil; 8. D; 9. A; 10. D