Monday, December 3, 2007

2007 breakout artist: Dale Eaglesham

Dale Eaglesham is Wizard's breakout artist of 2007! And he's been pretty much a DC man all the way, apart from his four year stint on Marvel's The Savage Sword of Conan and six-issue run on the now-defunct Crossgen's Sigil.

I hope he comes back to Marvel soon...we could use yet another awesome penciller!


2007 BREAKOUT ARTIST: DALE EAGLESHAM
The Justice Society of America penciler takes a look at past projects
By Ben Morse
Posted November 30, 2007 12:00 PM

It’s been two decades since Dale Eaglesham first put pencil to paper as a professional comic book artist, but after years on the cusp of superstardom, the Canadian veteran has finally landed a top-selling book with Justice Society of America, and won long-deserved acclaim for his mesh of classic styling and explosive storytelling.

Here, Eaglesham looks back at the projects that brought him to this point as the Breakout Artist of 2007.

The Savage Sword of Conan (Marvel, 1986-1989)
“50-page stories were a little overwhelming for a new artist, but I learned so much.”

Green Lantern (DC, 2001-2003)
“I finally landed my first monthly and it exhausted me, but I discovered how important it is to me to invest in a title.”

Sigil (CrossGen, 2003)
“Only six issues, but it reinvigorated me. I took my art to a whole new level, trying out techniques I never would have before.”

H-E-R-O (DC, 2004-2005)
“After Sigil ended, I was on the verge of quitting when [then-editor] Pete Tomasi offered me this book, which once again got me flying high.”

Villains United (DC, 2005)
“I consider Villains United my official entrance into mainstream superhero comics. It was big, brash, obnoxious and large-scale.”

Justice Society of America (DC 2006-present)
“The unique flavor of this title has enabled me to pursue so many artistic avenues that were cut off to me before. It’s really amazing to feel that I am finally gaining command over the art at this stage in my career.”







No comments: