Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bone: In colour!

Now that I no longer play Magic: the Gathering, (in fact, I've sold off my entire collection...the only Magic cards I still have left are basic lands and some uncommons here and there...and less than 10 rares), my disposable income sort of gets centred on comics and games. Of course, most of my salary goes to the rent and joint savings/savings for my parents. But anything else I have, I can spend the way I want it!

And I have purchased quite a number of TPBs and HCs, my comic reading of choice now, since they're so much more awesome than single issues, though single issues are the ones that are worth more, in terms of collectibility. But I don't really need single issues (and it's impossible to store around here) and I prefer to read story arcs in the one go rather than having to wait month by month what's happened. In fact, whenever I read a single issue as part of a story arc, by the time the final issue of the arc is released, I find myself having to read everything from the start again anyway.

One of the series that I'm really looking forward to get (AND have placed an order for!) is the Bone hardcover series in colour. Aeris got me the phonebook-like black-and-white TPB as a Christmas present two years ago and that is absolutely awesome. But Bone...in glorious colour! Hardcover editions as well! I can't wait to read this awesome series from cover to cover again in full colour.

The only HC that isn't available to order from Classic Comics is Volume 6: Old Man's Cave. It's certainly available to purchase online...found it fairly cheaply on Amazon and even on famous US comic shops like Midtown Comics. The only thing is that it's kind of hard to purchase without actually possessing a credit card. And I can't seem to find it on eBay at all! (Not that eBay would be the best place to purchase comics anyway).

Plus, it'd be much easier just going into a local comics shop and picking up the HC, even if it may work out to be more expensive. So I guess I'll have to start looking around in other comic shops to see if it's available. Luckily, I'm no longer in Geelong and it'd be easier to get into town and shop for comics. There's Minotaur and Comics R Us in the CBD. And there's also Alternate Worlds in Windsor. Spoilt for choice!

No comments: